About Puyallup South Hill Rotary
Rotary is an international organization of business and professional persons who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations and help build goodwill and peace in the world.
What is Rotary
Puyallup South Hill Rotary brings business and community leaders together to have fun, build relationships, and give back to the local and international community.
Chartered in May 21, 1983, Puyallup South Hill Rotary has invested:
- In our COMMUNITY through the purchase of four housing units that provide emergency shelter for displaced families with children and an improved kitchen at the Salvation Army Senior Center. Annually, we recognize community leaders for their contributions through their vocations.
- In our YOUTH by providing two ballfields at Bradley Lake Park and supporting the YMCA and the Rotary Interact Youth Organization.
- In EDUCATION by providing scholarships to Emerald Ridge and Rogers high school students and college students attending Pierce College and books to school libraries in Puyallup School District.
- In our WORLD by providing wells, supporting orphanages and sending aid of food and housing to areas impacted by disasters. As an international organization, Rotary was instrumental in the eradication of polio around the world.
Rotarians throughout the world are guided by the tenents of the Four-Way Test.
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and better FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Download/View our Club Brochure and our latest Club newsletter below.
Major Projects and Activities
The Puyallup South Hill Rotary Club is involved each year in a number of major, fun and exciting projects and activities.
Two major annual fundraisers include:
Hounds on the Hill
A community event that includes a dog walk, special exhibits and demonstrations, competitions, and a street fair featuring vendors, crafts, and displays. Local businesses help to sponsor this event. For more information visit our Hounds on the Hill page.
Gold and Silver Raffle
The $10,000 Gold and Silver Raffle is a major fundraiser. The winner of the reverse raffle is awarded $9,000 in gold and silver with other winners receiving cash prizes of varying amounts. The winning tickets are drawn at an evening Gala event held in Puyallup, and winners need not be present at the drawing.